Services and Programs
The South Cariboo Elizabeth Fry Society (SCEFS) in Ashcroft, British Columbia is a not-for-profit agency providing supportive services and programs to women and their families in several First Nations Bands and five small communities throughout Southern Interior BC.
The Elizabeth Fry Society’s catchment area - including Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Clinton, Spences Bridge, and Walhachin - is largely rural, and covers 22,500 square kilometres. Our focus on support, education and empowerment is very important, as it allows SCEFS to reach those in need who may be living in remote, isolated surroundings.
SCEFS offers ongoing support programs as well as periodic groups and gatherings. You can contact our office in Ashcroft if you believe you and/or your family may benefit from any of the following services:
• Goal-oriented and client-centred confidential support.
• Individual or Group sessions.
• Conflict Resolution, Parenting, Relationships, Communication and more.
• Provides information, emotional support, and referrals to all victims of crime.
• Support as file proceeds through Criminal Justice System.
• Assistance with court preparation, procedures and processes.
• Court accompaniment and liaison with other agencies.
• Prevention programs offered to students in Ashcroft, Cache Creek and Clinton during school year.
• Mostly offered to classrooms but some smaller, targeted groups.
• Students learn how to cope with different emotions.
• For children and youth aged 3 to 18 who have witnessed/experienced abuse.
• Interrupts cycle of violence and provides healthy coping ways.
• Strength-based counselling.
• Develops support networks, safety plan, conflict resolution skills.
• Supplementary supervision and case management of young offenders.
• Individualized program for youth directed into the program.
• Provides food to those in need in catchment area.
• First and Third Wednesdays of every month from 12 noon to 2:30 PM.
• Please provide Photo ID and Proof of Residency.
• Facilitated by two trained facilitators.
• An empowering program for parents and caregivers of children aged 0 to 5.
• Designed to strengthen positive parenting skills.
• A safe place for parents to meet.
Please contact us at the South Cariboo Elizabeth Fry Society today to find out more about our services and programs offered in several communities throughout the Southern Interior of British Columbia.